Combining Dental Experience With Dental Technology
With the advent of modern technology in dentistry, both patients and dentists have something to smile about. These advances have resulted in faster, more efficient treatment and significant improvements in patient comfort. A small brief summary of the technologies we use is included below.
- •Digital process which virtually eliminates the use of paper and saves trees. We are an eco-friendly office. The digital x-ray system, intra oral cameras and dental software we use allow our staff to electronically chart fillings, decay, periodontal disease and other case-specific findings
- • iTero Digital Impressions. Most patients, who require crowns, veneers, implants, inlays/onlays or bridges can benefit from the use of digital impressions. This technology uses a high resolution camera to scan a prepared tooth and the exceptionally accurate imaging results in predictable high quality restorations. Patients have a positive experience without potentially gagging impressions. Muntwyler Dentistry uses a Cadent iTero Digital Impression system allowing us to chose from multiple restorative material options
- • Digital X-Rays: Digital x-rays eliminate up to 90% of radiation exposure. Digital X-rays do not require harmful toxic chemicals for film development and eliminate the use of plastic film packets. The x-ray image immediately appears on a computer screen to enable both the patient and the dentist to review them immediately. X-rays allow us to:
- • Find decay and abnormalities between teeth and below the gum line
- • Monitor the effects of periodontal (gum) conditions
- • Evaluate your jaw bone and the position of your teeth
- • Monitor areas of concern before they become a problem
- • Detect any growths or abnormality in your jawbone that may be a sign something more serious
- • Get a complete picture of your teeth in relation to each other and your mouth (both inside and out)
- • Air Abrasion; Drilless Dentistry – This technology uses high pressure air and abrasive non-toxic particles to treat the affected tooth area. This tool is highly accurate and allows us to maintain as much of your natural tooth enamel as possible. Procedures can often be completed without the need for local anaesthesia. Air abrasion is ideal for small cavities caught early, especially in children who maintain a regular dental care schedule.
- • Laser: Dental lasers can be used to help speed up the healing process of painful canker sores, aphthous ulcers, and embarrassing herpetic lesions (cold sores). The Picasso by AMD Lasers is a soft tissue laser that can safely and quickly be used to perform minor tissue surgery procedures. This precision creates a situation with less swelling and faster healing. In our office, lasers are used in many situations including gum surgery and contouring as well as periodontal treatments, all with an increased hygienic environment and decreased recovery times.
We welcome you to our dental family, and look forward to hearing from you! Call us today: (416) 241-2508 or visit us at our Etobicoke Dental office.