Laser Dentistry in Mississauga
What is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry is a precise way to perform many dental procedures. A focused beam allows us to treat highly targeted areas without disturbing the surrounding tissue.
Some of the procedures that are enhanced by our Soft Tissue Laser include:
What are the Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
- Gum Reshaping - if you have a 'gummy' smile we can reshape your gum line to expose the healthy natural tooth structure underneath.
- Denture Comfort - poorly fitted dentures can create soft tissue folds. Our soft tissue laser can be used for comfortable and suture-free removal of this tissue.
- Preparation for other Treatments - lasers are ideal for preparing the gums for Endodontic procedures, treating periodontal disease, teeth whitening and other cosmetic and restorative treatments.
Our laser allows us to perform many procedures with increased accuracy and efficiency as well as a number of other benefits.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding and infection.
- The beam aids in clotting and sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
- Due to the nature of the laser, certain procedures may not even require freezing!
At Muntwyler Dentistry in Mississauga, we use the Picasso laser system which is a multi-functional soft tissue diode laser that offers comprehensive clinical results in surgical procedures, periodontal therapy, and bleaching.
Call our Mississauga dental office
today to learn more about soft tissue laser dentistry.